Obviously yes, Guest blogging is the practice of contributing a post to another person’s blog in order to build relationships, exposure, authority, and links. It is also known as guest posting.
In its simplest terms, guest blogging can be defined as the practice of publishing content on other websites.
As such, guest blogging has become a popular SEO and link building technique for many years now. It still continues to be a choice for several individuals and businesses, despite having being put a restriction on its use by Google.
The reason why Google opted to put an end to guest blogging is that it is often used as a spammy means of gaining links. It also helps to grow your online audience.
Here’s how guest blogging plays a vital role in link building and SEO:
Role of Guest Blogging in SEO and Link Building
Google’s ban on guest blogging has not completely stopped it from being used today. There are people who rely on guest posting, guest blogging sites or guest blogging for SEO as a link building strategy.
It is a common practice in digital marketing. It can work very well as a tool for SEO because one can include a link back to one’s website.
Thus, in turn, this can also have a positive influence on one’s search engine rankings. More than half of the world’s marketers agree that blog creation is their top inbound marketing priority.
So, their focus is mainly on high-quality guest blogging, which remains highly effective over low-quality guest blogging.
Some individuals, however, think that having a low domain rating (DR) in the guest blog post indicates bad links.
Impact of Domain Rating
Domain Rating is used in measuring the link popularity of a given website. But it does not really tell you if a site is spammy or if a link from the website could have an impact on you.
Google uses the PageRank formula that works on a page-by-page basis. Where you can get a link from a strong page on a weak domain and vice versa.
Pursuing links from high domain rating sites are generally advised because they tend to have more potential pages.
But some sites having low domain rating may grow in popularity and reach a higher DR. Which means your link may have the chance of becoming more valuable over time. Users may publish guest blogs even on sites with low DR, as long as they are legit.
In Google, links are just a primary ranking factor and in SEO, guest blogging offers a strong opportunity to secure a link back from another website, in addition to other marketing considerations.
Guest blogging builds a relationship with the blogger who hosts your posts, covers into their audience for additional exposure and supports you to establish authority among the targeted audience.
How To Find Guest Blogging Sites
There are tonnes of sites available on the Internet that offer guest blogging services to individuals.
The two main ways to find sites for the purpose of guest blogging. These are:
- Websites that connect publishers and bloggers
- Search with social media (like Facebook, Twitter, etc.), google, mine resource lists, etc.
A very popular way to find guest blogging opportunities is to seek others who contribute their works consistently to industry-related websites.
Most people and companies often share their posts via social media profiles. Which can be easily reached to a large number of readers.
To find guest posting blogs that are interested in accepting guest posts. Here are some examples of useful search string combinations that you can try:
- “guest author” “keyword”
- “guest post” “keyword”
- “keyword” inurl: contributors
- “keyword” inurl: authors
- intitle:” guest post” “keyword”
- inurl:” keyword” “contributor”
Search strings can help you get the desired results quickly. For example, typing a common search string such as “blogging” “write for us” will display all results that offer guest posting containing the exact phrases (in quotes).
This process is both simple and complex, as there are only a handful of modifiers. But they can link in many different ways.
How to do a guest post
In the world of digital marketing, guest posting plays a very vital role in SEO and link building. There are two types of guest posting sites are available in the market: Free and Paid.
Free blog hosting is the presentations of a risk-free way to create an online presence. When you set up a paid hosting account, you should take more than a little cash to get up your site up and running.
Guest bloggers who want to post free should follow these steps:
- Search for guest post sites:- When you want to guest post, look for those blogs with a good reputation, who accept guest post, and who publish items similar to your guest post idea.
- Contact to the editor:- If the blog provides step-by-step guides for pitching guest posts, then follow them closely. When there is no specific process for blogging to pitch a guest post, use the contact form to ask if the editor accepts guest posts.
- Submit your guest post for reviewing:- Send your guest post content, following the format given by the editor, and submit it on time. If the editor asks you to make changes later, continue editing your post until it meets the needs of the blog.
- Wait for approval:- Editors get many pitches from guest bloggers, so you may have to wait a few hours/days. If they do not return any response after a few days, then send a follow-up check. If they still do not listen to anything then ask either to pitch a new idea or present the idea of your guest post somewhere else.
- Publish your guest post:- It is the final or last step of guest post publishing. After publishing the guest post, it is visible at that site. But always keep in mind that when you pitch a guest post, to think about what the editor might want to publish a few months from the current date. For example, never pitch a summer season related blog post at the time of winter season.
How Good is Guest Blogging for SEO and Link Building –The Verdict
Summing up here, it can be said that guest blogging is still better enough for both SEO and link building.
As long as the blogger is ready to spend posting and editing from sensible and outsources, guest blogging can be a great source of valuable content for blogger’s viewers.
An important part of editing any external contribution is reviewing links within the content. You should not include any links until it is considered as editorial. Guest blogging, without a doubt, is an important step for online marketing success.
Once you grasp its benefits, give it a shot and see if you can make it work for your business.